A dental implant is a small titanium screw that is placed in the jawbone where a tooth once was.
Dental implants are titanium screws that provide secure anchors for the placement of an artificial tooth or set of artificial teeth. Your replacement teeth will look, feel and function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat and smile with confidence.
Benefits of dental implants include:
- No need to sacrifice healthy adjacent teeth to provide support for bridgework
- The look, feel, and function of natural teeth
- Allows you to eat virtually any type of food
- Preserves facial structure
- Lets you smile with confidence
- Prevents bone deterioration that might occur as a result of missing teeth
Dental Implants General Guidelines
|Number of Missing Teeth||Type of Prosthesis||Number of Dental Implants|
|Single Tooth||Single Crown||One Dental Implant|
|Two or More Teeth||Fixed Bridge||Usually 2-3 Dental Implants|
|All teeth in upper or lower jaw||Complete prosthesis:|
Removable snap on denture.
Fixed ceramic bridge.
|2-8 dental implants, depending on what type of denture or bridge the patient has selected.|